Wednesday 29 June 2016

This week our household is still reeling from the referendum in Great Britain. As a European household with Anglo-French children we believe in the European project even if we're not always happy about some of its policies or the way things are run. We also feel there's a need to unite faced with the undeniable rise of extremist populist politics.

In light of this and a very hectic schedule I've decided to give the homeschool files a rest this week and instead in the spirit of five little things, share some pictures which bring me joy. Writing in the Guardian today Zoe Williams warned, these are dark times. In the face of this darkness which I fear is striking the heart of not only my country but many different parts of the world, we all need to remember to share love, kindness and joy as much as we can. 

First tart of the season
Apricots, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, blackcurrants and apple purée on a wholemeal pastry base. Served in the sun. Yummy.

Maya's flourishing veggie patch
Rocket, baby salad leaves and radishes already and carrots coming up beautifully. Well done Maya!

Our resident robin
This fellow can be seen perching on the top of our swing most mornings if you take a look outside and he sings cheerfully and brings a smile to my face every time.

Beach flowers
When everything goes to pot, go to the sea. I may adopt it as my motto. These beautiful flowers were out all along the dunes at Kerhilio beach near Erdeven on the Atlantic coast. They smell good too.

Spindrift
I really do love the ocean and it's tides and the way light plays on the white as it foams onto the shore. I could spend an eternity watching it and I'm always reminded of how insignificant we really are faced with its vastness. And funnily enough, it's not frightening just humbling and for me a reminder to live my life fully because it's so brief and to show a proper amount of respect to this earth which was here before me and will be here long after I'm gone. 

No comments: