Wednesday 1 October 2014

Fresh food from the Garden

It was one of my dreams when I thought about living here to eat food we'd grown ourselves. And now that dream has come true! Our first bed has been a hands down success, the radishes are juicy, the rocket is rampant and even the lamb's lettuce after a slow start is going strong now. 





Here's what's we've been doing with all this green loveliness...
  • Tossing the rocket with rock salt, balsamic vinegar and good quality olive oil and eating it with tomato salad and sheep's cheese.
  • Sprinkling shredded rocket onto homemade carrot and red lentil soup. I like this recipe which I tweaked a bit, as in we didn't have any sweet potato so I just used carrots it came out yummy and thick, oh and I didn't do the topping as my kids preferred homemade wholemeal bread and butter to dip in their soup. 
  • Eating lambs lettuce and runny eggs, it's so good dipped in, with steamed broccoli and more homemade bread to accompany.
  • Throwing handfuls of rocket onto homemade pizza topped with mozzarella and artichokes.
  • Tearing rocket into pasta with pan-fried courgettes, lemon zest and Parmesan cheese.
  • Eating the radishes straight out of the ground!

No comments: