Saturday 22 April 2017

Five Little Things : Blooming Marvelous


Photo Cherry Blossom


I’ve been feeling very optimistic recently and very blessed. It might be joining in with NaPoWrMo (National Poetry Writing Month) or the all singing, all dancing arrival of Spring and the brighter, longer days but suddenly I feel how lucky we are to be living the life we are living. How blessed with abundance we are.


Photo Lilac


So often it is too easy to see all the things we don’t have and wish to have them – a pair of these yellow chairs from Ikea, that ridiculously expensive dress I like, any number of beautiful things from Etsy. And yet. When I take even the smallest moment to think about it or when a thought provoking film, book or article (like I, Daniel Blake) makes me stop and think, I see how lucky we are – really our cups are flowing over.


Photo Cherry Blossom



It’s a good feeling gratitude and one I intend to keep cultivating. After a winter of discontent, finally spring is here and I’m remembering my blessings not least those given by mother nature in the blossom, the flowers, the green. 

Photo cherry blossom

No comments: