Saturday 6 May 2017

Five Little Things - Flowers

I almost called this post Pretty in Pink! (Yes I love that film). Here are a few of my favourite flower snaps at the moment. There is something infinitely joyful about a blooming, beautiful flower. They are at once delicate, ephemeral and yet robust. Enjoy.

Photo Pink Tulip

Photo close up pink flower


Photo purple/blue flower

Photo sakura - cherry blosom

Photo pink flower

And from a treasured poet, Alfred, Lord Tennyson, my favourite stanza from Maud in which flowers feature greatly. 
 
There has fallen a splendid tear
      From the passion-flower at the gate.
She is coming, my dove, my dear;
      She is coming, my life, my fate;
The red rose cries, "She is near, she is near;"
      And the white rose weeps, "She is late;"
The larkspur listens, "I hear, I hear;"
      And the lily whispers, "I wait."

No comments: