Friday 3 July 2015

Greater Good Poem is Featured Entry on Hour of Writes

Once again I have the pleasure of being a featured entry on the great writing site Hour of Writes. I participate regularly with this project for several reasons. Firstly, it's a bit like doing a weekly writing workshop, a prompt is given and it takes my mind where it will go. It's not the way I work all the time but I have found it to be a good discipline. Secondly, the feedback. It's always nice to have some feedback on your writing. The poems I put up on Hour of Writes don't always end up being my final version of that poem. Sometimes the feedback I get can help me with the tweaking phase of poetry writing which usually takes me way more time than the initial draft writing. And thirdly, I enjoy reading what other people have to say about the weekly subjects which are often very thought provoking. There's a wind range of writing approaches being showcased on Hour of Writes and it's a pleasure to peruse them. 

So anyway, you can read Twenty Eight to One here. It's the featured entry by tinyfeetandbluebirds under the heading The Greater Good.

No comments: